Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Guest Post from CPcharlie

My parents were Catholic, but never took me to church with my brothers and sisters. I was born with CP. If you watch TV maybe you've seen Josh Blue. He has the same disability as me. I talk and walk different than other people. I felt my parents were ashamed of me when they left me home on Sundays.

I was a good student . When I got out of high school, I worked at a workshop but didn't like it so I took the bus and got a job selling newspapers and candy at a stand. The customers sometimes made fun of me but I ignored it. After awhile they didn't notice my differences as much and I liked working. When I got pneumonia three years ago, I lost my job there. I now work at a recreation center part time as a clerk. I like it but would like a more challenging job so I take some classes at college now.

I go to Mass every Sunday . I also volunteer at my parish. I was handing out bulletins at first and now I also help in the parish office two hours a week. Sometimes I just run errands. I figure that's a help. I like doing this because I meet other people at my church.

I think God wants all of us to be together at Mass and in church. I loved my parents but I think it was wrong to leave me home all those years. I am glad I can go to church now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Charlie. Thanks for telling everyone about your experiences.

Ruth said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Leticia. I've heard of the father son team - Hoyt - but not the EWTN film - will have to find a link to that!