Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Away from Blog Alert



Ever see wheelchair athletes play basketball, race or play tennis? Wonder what kind of training goes into it?

Some people are surprised to find that athletes in wheelchairs train much the same as those who are not in chairs. We lift weights, push our wheelchairs for aerobic training, handcycle, do sport specific training, have coaches and lessons, and watch our diets. I've been to international tournaments where I saw players from overseas with their own masseuse!

For the next two weekends in August, I'll be competing in wheelchair tennis tournaments on the East coast. I don't have an outfit like the one in this picture to wear, but I have been working on getting myself ready.

There aren't enough quadriplegics signing up so far, so I'll have to put on my duct tape and beat up on paraplegics! I love a challenge.

So I'll be AFB (away from blog) the next two weekends. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!