Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

That Woman in the Wheelchair

I've just published a new volume of poetry entitled That Woman in the Wheelchair.  The poems span the twenty year period since I acquired my disability.

The book is divided into three sections.  Section 1, Stabbing at the Clouds,  contains poems dealing with my acceptance of quadriplegia.  Section 2, entitled Simulate This, deals with everyday life with a disability.  Section 3, Get Loud,  is about my journey toward empowerment and advocacy.

This book was greatly encouraged and shaped by those who left comments on my blog,  A Different Light, over many years.   I published it to make the poems more widely available to those who acquire disabilities and to send a message that living with a disability contains many riches, as well as challenges.  I want to thank all my readers over there, as well as those in the disability community,  who have taught me so much.

The book is available at amazon at the link below.



No comments: