Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

The heat feels better

A friend of mine was quick to tell me that my heat is no different due to the new thermostat I can now work myself because it's accessible.

I explained that the heat feels better now ( truly it does) after 17 years of not being able to adjust the thermostat myself.

In other news around here, the rescue kitty keeps growing. He barely fits into his new round cat cubicle. We may have to go up a size sooner than expected. He's mastered the art, known only to felines, of squeezing through the hospital bed sidebars and emerging whole. I keep checking body parts but they're all present despite his almost daily prat falls. The other morning I woke up to him plummeting to the floor, all four paws braced, because the overbed table tipped.

Sometimes it feels like I'm living in a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Good morning, I said.

Looking nonplussed , he simply meowed.

How's the heat? I asked. Need me to change it, because I can?

And so I did.


2 comments:

Carl Thompson said...

Hah!

Independence sure feels good doesn't it?

Ruth said...

ABsolutely!