Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

And you got us feelin' alright....

My blogging friend Blue Girl would have loved this. She's always keeping the music alive over at her blog.

Last night my friend-who-was-recession/unemployed-but-whew-got-a-job treated me to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert in Philly. It was great. I've never seen either of them in concert before, so it blew me away to see both of these musical talents together.

I found this clip on YouTube of Piano Man from another performance and it gives you an idea of what it was like. Very thrilling when the audience sang back to Billy Joel near the end. Here's a review. If you get a chance to see either of them in concert, go.



*
Speaking of music - if you're into Mozart, two pieces of his were recently played for the first time. You can listen to an audio clip and read about it here.

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

too cool

Ruth said...

Greg- yeah it was so great.