Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kitchen access


Part of my kitchen remodeling to gain access (an ongoing project) was adding a deep lazy susan under the corner of the counters, like one in this picture. It's been extremely helpful in terms of getting at items with a reacher and holds quite a lot of things , whether you choose to put groceries, dishes or other items on it.

It's also much easier for me to see what's in stock - or not- as I put together a grocery list. All I have to do is turn the lazy susan and I get a panoramic view - which I much prefer to asking someone to check in all sorts of non-accessible cabinets!

[visual description: The corner area under two counters is shown. Two lazy susans, positioned horizontally, have been installed in the corner area and hold kitchen items.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like it would work out well for my elderly mom. Her kitchen area needs to be redone so we might as well make things easier for her!